Home | In the desert you can remember your name » | Sticks and Stones » | Final Battle Between Good and Evil » | Knowledge should never be wasted. » | Chicks dig me. » | The smallest light shines brightest in the darkest... » | Let's do the Time Warp again! » | The goggles do nothing » | Medical emergency! » | He aint heavy, sir. » 

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 

La-la-la-la-lasagne!

So, this is 2008. So far it's just been unbearably hot. My little unit doesn't have air conditioning. The closest thing we have is when Shane leaves the fridge open too long. He just stands there, staring into the empty vastness of it all, his soulless eyes black and devoid of hope. We have some milk in there that expired a week ago. I haven't had the heart to throw it out, because while it's been there, it looks like the fridge actually has something in it.

It's time for a big shopping spree. I actually went shopping a few weeks -

SUDDEN NEWS FLASH

- Shane tells me that he bought new milk. IT IS ACTUALLY IN DATE!

...
Anyway.

Some person said to me my goal of finishing my assignment isn't steps to a goal. It's better if I say "I will invest x hours per day" towards the assignment. Because, right now, the assignment is my excuse to not do anything - for example, not going out at New Years. Well, I never thought about it that way, but they were right!

I have six weekend days, today, and one holiday tomorrow. I also have 12 week days left.

I think a good amount of time to spend is six hours per weekend/holiday, and three hours per week night. That's a total of seventy two hours to work on an assignment that is supposed to take fourty hours, and I already did all the book readings and started on the programming. I will re-evaluate this time allotment Monday 7 to see if I am sticking to the time allotments, and if I will actually finish in time. The reason for this time division is to force me to have a definite time block that I will be working on my assignment - I can then add in time around that block for other things. Such as shopping, tidying the house, getting a haircut, etc, etc, as well as having some fun time and meeting and talking with friends.

Gym - the 'objective met' part of this was to find some gyms. I found six. The next step is to actually visit some of them and pick one or go to some of the free trials they have. I am going to put down for Saturday from 12-5 as 'visit at least three gyms'. One of them is at the aquatics centre, so I'll make sure to go there and have a swim afterwards.

Also, I really need a haircut. I am going to do some shopping tomorrow so I will see about getting a quick trim then.

For today, I am going to work another two hours on the assignment, then stop for dinner, wash my clothes, then sit down and chill out for the rest of the evening.

Well, it's 2008. Welcome to the New Year everybody.

Infinite State Automaton is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.