Home | Medical emergency! » | He aint heavy, sir. » | The Fairest of them All » | Groundhog Day » | Science will find a way » | They are coming » | Again at number three Tree street » | Never so much owed by so many to so few » | The Last Donut » | I need to eat to fill my pants up. » 

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 

The goggles do nothing

Well, I reached a new low point in my life. A land of horror that I thought I would never come across.

Too sick. To play. Computer games.

A lot has happened!

So, where to begin.

Ah, not a good place to begin, but a fun story I wanted to share. One day (about five minutes ago) I was sitting on Rusty's bed drinking cola. Cola has special and mysterious effects on me ever since I got over the cola addiction from 1995-2003. Suck some of that down and POW I'm a different man. We're talking almost Pop-Eye here. It's cured headaches, lethargy, and temporarily staved off the evil hiccups for now, too. Well, after I disturbed Rusty's online friend (Rusty went away to buy dinner. His lady friend left the keyboard. So of course I wrote some messages to her. The usual stuff like "hay there is a spider in your room! Oh noes its hiding! No wait it's getting more of its friends OH MY GOD THEY'RE IN YOUR BED" and then a few more of the more surreal things like "If you set fire to your bed, make sure to keep your escape route clear. Also, it's OK to get one last nap while the mattress is burning for old times sake." But then Rusty came back. Sigh) I said, "So, I am going to pour this cola on your bed. Then you will have to sleep in my bed tonight. How will this story end?" to which Rusty replied "This story has no beginning." Well, conversations like this - between brothers - are much more for the benefit of some unfortunate person who happens to over hear, but there was nobody around so I decided to share it all with you.

Ok. So what DID happen?

Well, it started with hiccups on Friday evening at 5 pm! We had all gone down to the local bar to have drinks with Lyn E, who was having her eight 22nd birthday. I was still recovering from the flu, so I only had something light - just a glass of coke - and the moment the sacred liquid touched my lips, POW. Hiccups.

I stayed pretty late with Lyn E, Frances, and Tony and they tried to invite me to their dancing classes. It's a pretty good idea and I would like to do it, just as soon as I get myself organised and have time for it. I spoke a lot before about wanting to get better at house work and cooking and I have made no progress - my excuse so far is omg blah sick, but an adult would do it so I should too. Well I am a little hard on myself, I did some washing and cleaning that normally I wouldn't do, but it's nowhere near where I want it to be yet.

The flu was leaving me fatigued and with no appetite. I didn't want to eat. I could just manage to drink water, and some various fruit drinks. I managed a smoothie, but that was about it. So I spent most of that time going to bed very early, so tired, and then I woke up Saturday and still had hiccups.

I can't really remember much of the weekend. I think I spent nearly all of it in bed sulking, kind of like what I did the weekend before it. I must have done some work though. I also had a lot of fun playing WoW with Ves. We got to do some crazy battles in Nagrand, and also finally Mana Tombs! We finally got the pants we wanted from Shaffer, but tragedy! Mal already had better ones than those. Then we went to fight at Nagrand, got so many tokens and tragedy! Mal already had better belt and pants :/ So annoying! I should learn to look up where all the good item improvements are for him and make a plan to get them.

Well, Sunday evening I visited Rusty for his birthday. We were going to go tank shopping (because we both need a heck of a lot more tanks for Warhammer Apocalypse. I used to have the biggest armor section in the state, but moving house so many times and people buying pieces means suddenly my armor section is not up to the task of fighting against multiple opponents anymore. Most of the time it was Rusty and Sky versus everybody else (And we would win!). We have different battle strategies that complement each other surprisingly well. He likes to run up and hit things. I like to run up and shoot things. In the world of 40k, these kinds of strategies are very effective when used togther.) but he was in hospital so instead I brought him KFC and a whole truckload of lollies. I also got him some super rare forgeworld Terminator shoulder pads. Hmm, we should get some of the pictures of these things up on line so you guys can finally see what the zoik I am rabbiting on about.

Anyway, the nurses were giggling so much about my hiccups that they told me to go down to emergency and get them looked at. Emergency? For hiccups? Well...since the ward was boring, Rusty and I went down and spent a few hours in Triage. We met Ben, an old friend of mine from a supermarket, and his girlfriend who had bad migraines. After a few hours my hiccups went away, so we packed up. As I was starting to walk home, my hiccups came back, only, this time really badly. They started to chain together 5-10 at a time, and I couldn't breathe. My arms started to go numb and my chest was hurting. I couldn't talk properly to the service station attendant. So I turned around and went back to hospital for another few hours in Triage, but again the hiccups went away after a few hours. So I went home again, and omg, possum! It was sitting in the side of the road drinking water from a puddle. It looked up and saw me and said, "OMG, human!" and jumped in to the tree. Now, it thought it was hiding real well. Actually it was hiding at about my chest height, so I thought, "I wish I had a camera so I could take a picture for Nozomi." Then I remembered! I had a mobile phone camera. So I carefully took a video of the possum. After the film ran out, she decided I wasn't paying enough attention to her, so she ran off. Well, she sure was cute! But....then my hiccups came back O_o

So Monday was a bad day.
I was hiccuping and coughing all morning and annoying my workmates. I felt so embarassed. Eventually I got to the doctors at 2pm and the doctor said, "Well, I have no idea. Try this medicine, sometime it helps." It was Largactil. He also said I would be trashed all Monday night and Tuesday because of it, so, that was the end of work that day. I don't really remember much of Tuesday at all.

Today my hiccups were gone when I woke up so I got dressed and went to work super early! I had been planning to go to the hospital so there would be no triage delay, so I got to work at 7:20 am! It's only an hour and 40 minutes early, hmm! My boss is sure to be impressed.

But then the hiccups came back at about 9:30 am. Ahhh...so I had to go to the hospital after all. Well the triage at Modbury said 7 hours but I got looked at in four. They took some blood, gave me an injection, and gave me an xray. The nurses were very cute! They tried to scare me into losing the hiccups, but unfortunately it didn't work. Eventually a kind elderly women told me that she had a sure fire hiccup cure. Well, by now I would try anything! So she held my nose and a cup of water and I drank it while using my hands to block up my ears. Success! Unfortunately they came back as soon as I left the hospital, and I couldn't get it to work again for me later...

So that gets me to now. I'm glad Rusty is out of hospital, I missed him. I'm sick of being a big sulk, always being 'uuuu I have flu or hiccups' and just want to get better and be more cheerful. There's lots of fun things I want to do and being in bed sick is really boring.

Infinite State Automaton is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.