Home | WTB non-exploding TV, PST... » | La-la-la-la-lasagne! » | In the desert you can remember your name » | Sticks and Stones » | Final Battle Between Good and Evil » | Knowledge should never be wasted. » | Chicks dig me. » | The smallest light shines brightest in the darkest... » | Let's do the Time Warp again! » | The goggles do nothing » 

Monday, January 7, 2008 

The first day of the rest of your life

First things first. I've joined up the local Zest gym. It's kind of pricey, but it's in a good location and the people seem friendly and not scary (much). I have two weeks to decide if I like it and want to stay, so over this time I'll try to check out another gym or two just to compare it.

My original plan was to look for gyms on Saturday. I was kind of antsy because I didn't get to do any study Friday evening, and with my brother over I didn't get much sleep. So I decided to swap my Saturday and Sunday plans around. It was a great idea, up until I went to the gyms on Sunday afternoon to find they closed at noon...oops.

The place was absolutely packed. I found out that Monday is the worst time to go, so I am coming back Tuesday evening, and have a gym instructor on Wednesday who will teach me how to use all of the different machines and sign up for different circuits and so on. It has a swimming pool, too, but I forgot to check for a saunta. There's also a massage parlour right next door. Very handy!

Food: This is going so-so. I had one fail on Sunday when I realised I forgot to buy food for lunches too. So we bought take out that day so late in the afternoon I didn't have dinner. On Friday night, when I came home, there was pizza already there! So that meant I pushed my Friday night dinner to Saturday. I still have to cook dinner for tonight (it's 8:30 pm). I kind of ruined my sleep schedule over the weekend so I am trying to push my staying-awake-ness up til around midnight to fix it.

Study: This is going well. I actually found myself yesterday not wanting to stop (I have a deadline at 11pm) which is a good sign! I'm interested in doing it and after this blog post is dinner, then study. I am not making the three hour study today, and I probably can't manage it with the gym at all, so I won't be doing too much of that just yet. I failed to do two six hour blocks on the weekend and only managed one block.

Cleaning: This is doing poor. The basic housekeeping is good (dishes, laundry) but other important things like sweeping and mopping still have to happen more regularly. That is, they actually have to happen. Also, I really need to think about ironing my shirts.

Saving: Epic fail. I don't want to talk about it.

Goals for this week:
Go to the gym tomorrow to play with some machines.
Go to the gym on Wednesday to talk to the gym instructor and find out what I should be doing.
Three hours study Thursday and Friday, and five hours split between Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Six hours Saturday and Sunday.
Have absolutely zero take out food bought this week.
Sweep and mop the house at least once this week - make it Saturday.

Well, I think that's about it. I'll write up more after the gym on Wednesday, assuming I don't have a heart attack and die on the spot first. It was kind of reassuring that the guy who was interviewing me plays Dawn of War...

Aiee hello, rude and nosy people :D My newyears/christmas was pleasantly dull, no kegs of champagne or fantastically expensive gifts. And how have you nosy and rude people been :)?

Post a Comment

Infinite State Automaton is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.