Home | Donut countdown » | Changing goalposts » | Update... » | I broke it » | So, in case it's not obvious, Anna fixed my blog s... » | Guest post » | So, that's what my blog looks like!Well, green is ... » | Unit Ready » 

Monday, July 9, 2007 

Hair cut!

I followed Dani's advice and went to this place to get some ideas of what kind of hair is the right hair for me.

The advice is simple and common sense. All this time I have been going to a hairdresser instead of a barber because of the price difference. I can get a hair cut for as little as $US8. I have never been satisfied with how it looks; one problem is because I genuinely don't know any hair terms and the other is that I was more interested in the price than the result. That was when I was working at Donut King, and I was always wearing a hat, so the primary objective of the hair cut was to 'not have it escape and enter a donut'.

Now I will be out and about during the day light, and people will be able to see me. After they have realised I am not a demonic manifestation of pure evil, hell bent on their material destruction and eternal damnation and have recovered from their fear, they will promptly recoil in shock and loathing at my unspeakably vile appearance. And that's during the night time. I could be arrested if people saw what I wore to work during the day time. No, really. Some of you have seen those pants, and for this, I am sorry.

Well, not really. They are kind of funny. I still have the green pants that need a bull clip to hold them up, and the black pants that have a big hole in an embarassing place, and the other black pants that have a big hole in another embarassing place. However, I now have nice sans-hole trackpants for wearing around the place and/or doing groceries/committing crimes so I only wear those wretched things for the amusement of others, or if I forgot to do my washing.

Or for old times sake.

Now, where was I? Ah yes. Hair cut.

I can't be sure because I don't have any front on photo's but I think my face counts as an oval type from the link I gave earlier. This means I should aim for a 'Matthew Fox' kind of hair style. I googled this fellow and all manner of hair styles came up, most of which would not look disgraceful on me, but some of them I lack the hair length to even fantasise about. This cut example, example 2, example 3 looks like a cut I have already had, except without the chip in the middle of the forehad. So I think I guessed right and am just lucky to have the right sized head. Apparently using forceps when I was born paid off in the long run, too. Thanks mum!

I think I'm going to go for a brush cut or a Caeser with a tapered back and slightly arched sides.

Most likely I'll say these things to the Barber and he will take one puff of his cigar (...why is he smoking a cigar? Did I go to a tattoo parlor by mistake? Oh no...) and grumpily announce, "You'll get what yer given, kid. Shut up and hold still."

My mum came back to the house as I finished this and said, "No, that guy (Matthew Fox) is totally wrong for your hair. Just say 'give me a number 4'."

:/

Well, if all else fails, I can always have 'Hat shopping' as my next blog post.

If all else fails, shave it all off and start over!

Hats: top hat, bowler, sombrero.

Post a Comment

Infinite State Automaton is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.