Home | Myspace? I'd rather eat...MySteaks... » | The first day of the rest of your life » | WTB non-exploding TV, PST... » | La-la-la-la-lasagne! » | In the desert you can remember your name » | Sticks and Stones » | Final Battle Between Good and Evil » | Knowledge should never be wasted. » | Chicks dig me. » | The smallest light shines brightest in the darkest... » 

Friday, January 11, 2008 

u_u;;

Ah I went to the gym again today.

Oh boy. Ouch.

The first time I only did half a work out. This time I did the full work out, but only half of it. What?

The full set is:
15 minute run
2k metre boat row
2 x 12 30kg weight lift
2 x 12 40kg jumping thing
2 x 12 30kg weight sideways thing
Some stretches
Sit ups omg hate
Very-suspicious-looking-stretch x as many as you can do.

The first time I did all of those things, only half as long as I was supposed to because the trainer was trying to teach me as much about the equipment so that I could go on my own.

So! Today I went on my own.
I did: 2k metre boat row; 10 minutes 23 seconds.
After that, I was trashed. Completely. I was panting and sweating and making sad pathetic 'somebody save me' sounds with 500 metres to go. I made it to the end, then I sort of collapsed on to the ground and just stayed there for a bit.

Then I got up and tried the weights. Last time, I could do it. This time...I don't know, maybe my muscles were tired or something. It was really hard. REALLY hard. I made it to the end and then had a minutes rest. Then I did the second set and ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch. That was the end. My hands and legs were shaking. When I tried to move around, I was staggering and had some trouble walking.

I remembered the advice from the instructor. "If you get wiped out, just go to the cardiac machines." I guess he knew I would go all out and destroy myself and be unable to do anything more complicated than walk. So I went over to the strange power armor walking machine and played on that for ten minutes. After then I was having some trouble even just walking in that so I decided to call it quits for the day. I had only been in there for 25 minutes but man. I really went all out.

My first gym goal is to survive to the end!

Food: Still going well so far. This morning I went to make breakfast, though, and vermin had destroyed all the breakfast cereal. That's a real shame. We've had a big problem with ....well...I don't know what they are. I want to say cockroaches but I don't think that is what they are. They are little thin things about half a centimetre to two centimetres long with strange markings on their back. They are cockroach shaped but they die far too easily to be true cockroaches. They climb real well, even up the outside of glasses and so on, and they get in to any unsealed container. If you leave food out - like a plate of meat - to defrost, if you don't seal it airtight in plastic when you come back to it there will be these little buggers all over it.

Saving: I am still on 50% pay due to the holidays so I won't make my target (again u_u). I should be able to stay above the emergency threshold but no extra bonus unfortunately.

WoW: I am not playing it much due to the study, but I ran an instance with Kimi, Jeff, and some pugs today. It was good fun and it went real quick. It was nicely timed, too - I had been headbutting my wall on a roadblock in the assignment and having something to distract that was fun and with my friends really helped. I am not sure if I am going to collect the Season 1 Gladiator gear. None of it is really useful for Protection spec, even in pvp (like it is supposed to). Instead, it looks like their is gear for Shockadin, Retribution, and Holy.

We aren't running arena yet but the reality is I will probably have to respec Mal to play arena. I would like to have a play with him in Protection mode but if we want to play seriously I know what has to happen. However, I did blunder across the best healing mace in the game - better even than the Hand of Eternity - in the S1 arena gear, and so I'm saving up for that. It's so good, it's even better than my current tanking weapon. I need another 10k honor.

Assignment: I am maybe stuck. I have all weekend to try and figure it out and if I don't get it, I will ask the lecturer. Rather, if I can't figure it out, I will go on to something else (since I can skip this part and come back to it) then ask the lecturer on Monday. The way the assignment is structured is that you code the infrastructure first, then the OpenGL drawing, and then the User Interface. Do that for 75% mark. Then the remaining 25% is a number of things that you can choose to do, each worth 5% - make 5 of them work and you get 100% for the assignment. 4 of those are trivial. I can use the Interface I built at work for the assignment, and I've got the OpenGl working. I just need to sort out the infrastructure.

"For the Group object, add code to the draw() method to:
i. Apply the transformation in the transform field of Group to the model
transformation."

As I understand it, this means that I should be taking the Group Transformation and applying it to the objects within the group; however the Group Transformation is specified as the identity matrix:
1000
0100
0010
0001

And transformations have to be specified as an x, y and z translation/rotation/scale. I know you can use a matrix against a vector to modify all the points within the object, but I'm not sure why I have to do it this way. The Group object ALSO includes the x,y,z paramaters that must be plugged in to the matrix. But OpenGL comes with it's own glTranslate/glRotate/glScale commands that can use the provided xyz to do the same thing.

I don't know why the assignment needs me to do it this way. If I can understand WHY there is a difference, then I can figure out what I am supposed to be doing with it...

Infinite State Automaton is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.