Home | Escape Vector » | Infinite State Automaton » | A booty witch and red » | Urrrrrrg » | Graduation! » | The wind of change » | Helper Cat and Paladin Azrael » | To Kill a Mockingbird » | Primary Mission Accomplished » | The difference between boys and girls » 

Saturday, April 26, 2008 

Shelf get!

I bought my first piece of furniture, some Antonius shelving things. It's not very classy at all. In fact they look ugly and skeletal, but luckily they nestle perfectly in my wardrobe so the only time they can be seen is when I open the doors. I bought one five draw kit and I have space for another three (or five if I decide to stack them) and at $50 a pop for five drawers, I actually feel it's a really good deal. Next is to actually gut the contents of my cupboards out and put them in the drawers, and yes, I am using 'Write my blog' as a means of procrastinating to avoid doing it.

This week was a very up and down week. Food has been so-so. Well really it has been good but I won't be 'mission accomplished' until I can go a whole week without buying fast food once. An unexpected problem is that healthy food is not very filling. Every afternoon I am terribly hungry. I have to prepare a proper lunch and health snacks for the afternoon so that I can go the whole day without giving in to an urge for chocolate. I compromised and bought health bars and munched on them whenever I got hungry.

Annie and I went bowling with her e-club last night. We had a really good time! Actually I am terrible at bowling, and only scored 74 >.> The second game I think was even worse, my arm was so tired AND I had some alcohol in me. I dropped the ball three times. Once I fell in to the bowling aisle, the second time the ball went backwards, and the third time my finger got stuck in it, so the ball just dropped straight down and rolled forwards. I couldn't bear to watch so went to sit down, but then everyone was yelling to look - I had thrown it so slowly, it had come to rest in the gutter a few metres from where I had thrown it. So, ah, I sneaked down the wax surface in my funky clown shoes and threw it again ^_~

I was the only person on the team who didn't get a strike. Bowling is just not my game it seems. Ah, but it was a lot of fun ^_^

The book I read was 'The Prince', by Niccolò Machiavelli. I did not know it but I actually have quoted or paraphrased from this book many times before, the work is that common. I am surprised that I had not come across it before. My first encounter with this is from the Command and Conquer: Red Alert instruction manual - "There is no avoiding war. It can only be delayed to the advantage of others." A friend of mine gave me some advice from this book so of course I applied what I had learned recently from it to the whole situation. From this I had some better understanding of the motives of my friends and the reasons for their behaviour.

The question Anonymous asked below, what's the common factor - I am not entirely certain. If I knew, I would say. I am not sure there is one factor.

This word 'maturity' is thrown about a lot these days. I have many people, both online friends and in real life, saying 'person x behaves in an immature way' or 'this person just likes to cause drama/get attention' etc or whatever. You know, 'act your age' etc etc.

I think people have different ideas of maturity. My idea of maturity is a person who takes responsibility, acts with honor and integrity, helps other people, and defends those who cannot. Other people might say things like reliable, gets results, has 'class', has great knowledge, is unemotional, or many other words.

The thing is, none of these people are psychologists. At best we are some kind of person who has read a self-help book or manual, or maybe watched some good inspirational videos. But maturity is an intangible concept. It's not something you have, like a car, or even something like a relationship (which is intangible but still _definable_). Maturity...like many other things...is in the eye of the beholder.

People judge you not by who you are or who you think you are but by what you do, the results you get. Actions speak louder than words.

I will always admit to an error, and I will never hide from punishment. Discipline won't kill a person, but it can save them from death! The person who does not learn does not change state. They never break out of their circle until they can change.

I don't know what the common factor is (except, of course, for me). Often what has hamstrung me, though, is fear - fear of hurting others, fear of failure, fear of financial disaster, fear of heartbreak. Because I am too afraid to take action, the result is - take no action. But, you know, if actions speak louder than words, and people judge you by your actions, and I take no action...

EDIT: I have removed some text from this entry. Some of it really only pertained to the people involved in the situation, and since it is now resolved, leaving it here is kind of awkward. For this reason also, I removed one of my comments, and with the permission of one of the contributors, one of their comments also. So! Let's move on from here and try not to look back. The place we didn't go to yet is always more interesting than where we just left.

It seems in the picture you have painted in this post that your friend(s) (for whom you've had problems) are painted all messy with blame and you come out all clean. You were only a victim..really? Do you have no ownership for the situation?

Your actions, your motives and intention came from your kind heart. If others took advantages of that for their own selfish benefits and twisted to go against you, it's not your fault, it's their problems. These people did not have dignity and courage to be humble enough to say sorry for their actions and admit their failures. No one is perfect. We all mistake from times to times. Be humble to take responsibility to say sorry. Criticise other's failure to cover your own is not an escape.

Taking advantage of other's kindness and loyalty for their own benefits is not a rare thing out there. There are people of that kind exist. We need to learn to accept for who they are and move on.

To put down others by taking advantage of their geniune motives in a geniune friendship and to step on them to escape responsibily is heartless. People dont treat people that way. We may unintetionally hurt others but if you aware of your actions that would cause heartache for others but still do it, how could you sleep well at night? How could you be at peace when you know there's a friend who is loyal to you and is in pain because of you?

My friend, you did the right thing. Move forward in your straight line. If these friends are true friends of yours and care about you, they will be there for you.

I think you did have ownership over the situation, but you chose to stand by your friends and took no action. Because you trusted and were loyal to your friends who then betrayed you.

This comment has been removed by the author.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

This conversation continues in private.

Why don't you guys sit back, think hard and ask yourself one question:

"Is there any action I have taken that contributed into this mess, even if it was very small and tiny and regardless if it was intentional or unintentional?"

If yes, then it's enough to say sorry to each other even if it was just a misunderstanding.

Even if no, it's still worth to save a good friendship to say sorry to each other for upsetting or hurting each other unnecessarily and unintentionally.

Considering how much love, care and time you guys had input and cultivated such a good friendship, it's such a pity to let one incident to throw all of that away. If it's a big thing, try to make it small, if it's small thing, try to make it disappear for the sake of a good friendship.

You are wasting your time and energy to hurt each other for no good reason other than losing your friendships. You are all running in a circle to arguing for things that neither of you could change or do anything about it. It happened and done.

How hard is it to say sorry?

Let's make a new fresh start and get over it. Stop hurting each other. It leads to nowhere but frustration and pain.

C'mon guys, it's worth to save a good friendship and move on with our lives. We have plenty of heartache in our life alone already. It's such unneccessary to add another one and lose friends.

We need friends in our lives. They are our vitamins and our family is our proteins.

I have to admit that I had some part in the trouble. I don't know to what extent that is and to be honest I don't want to sift through all the conversations and work out the cause of it all.

I don't know the truth of the situation. It's better to just bury it and start from scratch.

To my friends, I am sorry for my part in this. My hope from November has always been to play and have fun together with you. That hope never changed, even in the times when I was hurt most.

You two are my special and close people who I will never forget.

Post a Comment

Infinite State Automaton is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.