Home | Faith and Duty » | Together to Victory » | X_X » | The Golden Rule » | Last throw of the dice » | Left Behind » | Make it so » | Girl germs » | Oh, it's on now. » | A strange dream » 

Thursday, January 31, 2008 

It's time to conquer earth

Ah, Power Rangers. I can remember when they were still cool, which was, if I recall correctly, for the first five minutes of the first episode. This kind of cheesy thing is burned in to the brains of my brothers and I. "Alpha, Rita's escaped!" and other such lines are the trigger point for all kinds of madness and hilarity.

Santa, a powerful demonic force?

Santa <--> Satan. Discuss.

He knows if you've been bad or good.
He breaks into peoples houses and bribes them with objects of material value to teach them that it's OK to be just good enough to get what you want.
He teaches children that if they are good they DESERVE a reward...
Both are fans of wearing red.
Both seem to have an excessively long life span.
One lives in the North Pole. The other is destined to an eternity of burning torment. (After centuries of living in the arctic, a million degree bath might not be so bad...)
Way too friendly with children and the sitting-on-the-lap thing.
Nobody should be that happy all the time.
Somehow, Santa suits always look better on women.

"Alpha, Santa's escaped..."
There was those creatures called 'putties' that, if you hit right in the chest plate, would explode. This kind of thing is hilarious.
So when Shane said, "You have to hit Santa in the sack to make him explode", he obviously meant the sack full of toys, and not some other sack that he might have had. Right? Right?

So. Santa. Powerful demonic force.

There's a reason small children fear him.

On an unrelated note, I knew this day would come. Gym.

Last night for the first time I had my first case of feeling totally inadequate.
Here I was heaving and puffing to lift two three kilogram blocks up and down and up and down and up and down...three sets of twelve.
Next to me some guy was casually hoisting...well, it looked like about 160 kilograms. I don't know. I didn't want to look too closely, because that would mean he would look back, and see me straining to lift these two tiny blocks, while he was...well...you get the picture.

Actually he did say hello to me, and not unkindly said, "you have to start somewhere." So I guess he could tell I was feeling embarassed about it.

Last night I didn't finish rowing for the first time. Normally I row first. That leaves my arms trashed. So I decided to do the weights first. What do you know! That leaves my arms even MORE trashed. After 1200 metres I developed some kind of painful thing in my side, like a stitch. I pushed on but it got so bad, I just curled over and died at the 1420 metre mark.

I read that 'The harder you train, the more recovery time you need, the less often you have to train'. I didn't know. I don't plan on becoming some big meathead, but in between fencing, gym, and tennis, I might finally get rid of this bowling ball on my stomach. Ugh. There's a photo of me at the Morialta falls walk up on Dasi where it looks like I have a kitchen board up my shirt. Seriously. My stomach looks square. It just aint natural.

Warcraft:

The guild on Surumar packed up and desintegrated over the Christmas break. Ian said it was because they couldn't get 25 mans happening, and some of the members started to run with other guilds that could. So when they didn't even have enough members to run Karazhan anymore (which was on farm status) they realised the group was in negative growth and pulled the plug. From the original guild, only six decided to stay together.

I heard an interesting thing on WoW Radio (yes I am a nerd). They said 'People always say guilds break up because of something in the game. For some it is changing from 5 man content to 10 man content, or 10 man to 25, or some change in the game or even over a ninja'd piece of loot. But the truth is, good guilds progress through these difficult times because they enjoy playing with each other. Guilds that are only sticking together for progress are the ones that will break, because if the guild is not moving forward, the members feel that their time is being wasted and they grow frustrated. It becomes a powder keg and the first small thing that goes wrong - a bad pull that causes a wipe - becomes the spark that allows people to be assholes to each other without feeling bad about it.' Well, I don't know if that is true, but I saw Ian was upset so my feeling is that it wasn't really a break up in the way he said. So if I do decide to play with them, I will need to be cautious about not getting too involved.

The new guild is "Terra Australis" on the Oceanic server Nagrand.

Today I bought the ret PVP shoulders. I thought that gladiator gear was a big waste for me, and these shoulders really are only a tiny upgrade. But there simply isn't any non-heroic shoulders available except for the T3 shoulders from Laj in Botanica. Then I noticed that they had two gem slots and no resilience - all the item value was put in to +stats and +spell damage. Mal has over 500 defence now (any more than 490 is a waste) so I decided to grab the epic shoulders for the increased stats, spell damage, and extra 400 armor. I think if I juggle around some gems and lose some defence, I can probably sneak in another 500 or so hit points and break 300 spell damage. I'll be pretty happy if I can make 12500 hit points unbuffed.

The only small sadface is that I just burned up all my holy dust to get nice exalted shoulder enchants for my heals, retribution and protection sets, and now I will need to do it again...

I have been getting a number of requests from people that I have been pugging with to join their guilds. The main reason that I don't want to do it is that I want to reconcile with Relic and I will feel like I am just using people if I jump ship as soon as a spot in Relic is available. When I said this, most of the people have said that is fine, they just needed a tank so they could do extra content. Well, I enjoy playing with others (because solo is so boring) and I enjoy learning more about the instances. I enjoy using line-of-sight pulls and using the environment to make the Paladin more effective.

Goals;

Eating has been so-so. I have a problem with my brother not eating the food I make. He only eats the meat. It's not my responsibility to look after him but I feel bad about it. I bought fast food twice because I didn't plan ahead far enough, once yesterday before gym (Rocking up to do my exercise while chowing down on some french fries, kind of is the wrong image to project) and another on the weekend, but that was OK because it was a party.

Saving: Well I don't know what is going on here. I spent too much this week already, but I am at a loss to say where. I am going to have to keep track of what I am spending on so I can fix it. I don't have anything to show for $x00 missing. It used to be that I would spend so much money on fast food. Well, that's not the case anymore. So where is it going? I haven't bought anything except new headphones today. The only thing I splurged out on so far was the Baneblade, and that was last year. Somehow I am letting money slip through my fingers and I need to find it and stop it or I will never save up anything.

Work: This week hasn't been so productive. Also, today I don't know. Shraga has assigned me a really strange task. He wants me to do research on a topic, but the nature of the topic is that you need security clearance to do it. So I have been given contact details for some fairly important people to talk to about it, but Shraga already said "They won't be able to tell you anything." How do I call this really important and busy person without any information on the project and no authority to ask about it? I will look like an idiot. So I didn't do it yet. Next week the expert in security gets back from her trip so I will approach her about what to do.

Infinite State Automaton is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.